Supervisor, Technical Entertainment – Events (Temporary Assignment)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises all technical aspects of assigned entertainment venues or events ensuring show quality and a positive guest experience.
- Responsible for the technical planning, execution and quality assurance of all technical operations of the assigned entertainment venues.
- Directly responsible for the supervision and evaluation of all technicians within the assigned venue (s). This includes but is not limited to the training of all new employees assigned to the venue, assessing employee performance and handling all employee relations’ issues.
- Responsible for effectively communicating necessary information which pertains to the entertainment operation of the assigned park to necessary parties outside the Entertainment Department as well as upper management and employees within the Entertainment Department.
- Responsible to monitor and enforce all policies and procedures as defined by the Entertainment Department governing the safe operation of all technical equipment and pyrotechnic devices.
- Ensures that all Technical Entertainment employees within the assigned park attend all necessary mandatory training classes as well as plays an instrumental role in encouraging employees to take advantage of educational opportunities, which will enhance and improve their job performance.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: One to three years within a supervisory/lead position preferred. Three to five years experience within the professional entertainment or theme park industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.