Analyst, Revenue Management – Data Science
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Revenue Management is the science behind our pricing decisions. As the Analyst, Revenue Management, you will develop and implement revenue management and pricing solutions, for the Food & Beverage business, to drive superior financial performance through advanced analytic methods and pricing strategies. You will act as an internal consultant that helps the business understand price sensitivity, applies business rules to our tools and determine optimal pricing for owned and operated Food & Beverage venues. Working in conjunction with our internal partners, you will make recommendations to increase Universal Parks and Resorts’ profitability.
- Develop Revenue Management models and analyze data:
- Develop models that reflect price elasticity for food and beverage products.
- Support revenue management decision making and identify opportunities to drive incremental profitability.
- Using data preparation, normalization and segmentation to analyze drivers of product demand.
- Test model accuracy, adjust price, calculate demand sensitivity and make recommendations that maximize profitability.
- Develop strategies, using menu engineering, benchmarking and product mix analysis, to drive optimal pricing and assortments in order to generate incremental operating cash flow.
- Measure market response of price and product changes across multiple locations, parks and sites.
- Collaborate with product owners to understand the products, business needs and constraints in order to provide actionable insights.
- Establish and maintain baseline historical pricing, seasonality, transaction volume, revenue, penetration, per capita, pricing, etc.
- Develop and maintain dashboards/reporting and drive performance measurement.
- Troubleshoot anomalies with team through the use of statistical and mathematical optimization models.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Develop Revenue Management models and solutions for Food & Beverage.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Able to query databases using SQL, R and/or Python.
- Coding experience with Python or R preferred.
- Experience in entertainment, food and beverage and/or retail industries preferred.
- Familiar with visual analytic tools, such as Tableau, is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and ability to work through complex problems.
- Highly collaborative with a passion to solve problems and make clients successful
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.