Facilities – Scenic Painter
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Our Facilities Scenic Painters provide comprehensive scenic painting services across our resort which is instrumental in maintaining and expanding the visual portion of the guest experience at Universal Orlando Resorts.
- Gathers and prepares necessary information, tools and items needed to complete assigned painting task.
- Painted Faux Finishes such as wood graining, marbleizing, aging, sponging and rag rolling.
- Field color Matching. Picks colors and mixes paint while using color matching for desired assignment. Creates, maintains and uses painting documentation.
- Drawing, layout and painting of backdrops and murals with either brush or airbrush.
- Paint or airbrush of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional fields and props.
- Preps surface to be painted. Consists of cleaning, scraping, caulking, applying putty, sanding, patching, priming, and base painting (brush and roll) of surfaces.
- Cleans up paint area. Consists of picking up used tarps, scraping, removing tape, cleaning bushes used, cleaning spills, resealing paint cans, and cleaning paint buckets. Then stores equipment/tools in designated storage area.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required; Associate’s and Bachelor’s degree: P-Visual Arts, specializing in painting, drawing, or sculpture is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three years minimum experience considered 1st Tier. 5 years minimum experience considered 2nd Tier; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Drivers License/ required to operate company vehicles.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.