Venue General Manager, Margaritaville
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall operation of venue. Responsible for efficient and profitable operation of venue and direct supervision of management team. Planning and effective day to day management of the club to ensure positive performance to budget and standards. Ensure all UO standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain aggressive efforts to achieve or exceed budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Management of food, beverage and labor costs through proper and hands on monitoring of all policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest quality food, beverage, service, sanitation, safety and retail standards are maintained.
- Remain in strict accordance with all State of Florida Beverage laws by ensuring responsible vendor program is administered.
- Strictly enforce all cash handling procedures, purchasing and receiving procedures and accounting policies.
- Assist in recruitment, training, developing, coaching, and evaluating employees and Assistant Managers in all aspects of business
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years: Retail and/or food & beverage management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Florida Food Manager Certificates – Required
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct: Restaurant, Store and Venue Managers – In-Direct: Asst. Restaurant Manager, Asst. Store Manager, Asst. Supervisor, Revenue Operations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Multi-Unit experience preferred
High Volume restaurant preferred
Culinary, Beverage, & Merchandise experience preferred
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.