Creative Manager, Live Entertainment Creative – Universal Studios Japan (based in Osaka)
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for recruitment and management of live entertainment creative talent as well as development of creative ideas for future shows.
- Recruits and manages live entertainment creative talent with specialties in Show Direction, Choreography, music direction, stunt choreography, design, and more.
- Leads the development of creative ideas for future shows
- Organizes and leads brainstorming sessions both internal and external
- Negotiates contracts with consultants, including creators, directors and designers.
- Manage assignment of live entertainment creative Team Members within the Entertainment Creative group.
- Helps coordinate Production schedule between producers and creative team
- Facilitates smooth communication with other departments, i.e. Marketing, Universal Creative, and other departments, depending on the project requirements.
- Leads the efforts for presentation document preparation for various projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to relocate to Osaka, Japan.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Theater, Theater Management, or related field.
- Professional management experience within the theater, theme park or cruise line entertainment industries.
- Previous leadership experience is preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Budgeting, and Management experience required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Japanese language skills helpful
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.