Associate Industrial Engineer
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Support process improvement efforts across Universal Parks & Resort (UPR). Aid in determining the most efficient ways to best utilize people, machines, materials, information and energy to provide world class service. Begin to provide individual contribution to problem-solving efforts on selected projects to increase revenue, improve quality, reduce/avoid cost, increase resource utilization, improve cycle time, reduce rework, etc. Deliver real improvements that positively impact the company’s bottom-line through a combination of expertise in quantitative methods and experience across all business functions.
Ideal candidates for these positions would have experience and interest in, knowledge of, or familiarity with supply chain management and logistics, specifically related but not limited to warehousing & inventory management and transportation & distribution within one or more of the following operational environments – retail, food & beverage, uniform/wardrobe, and manufacturing/maintenance, repair and operations (MRO).
- Utilize industrial engineering and business analytics tools (e.g., probability and statistics, process flow analysis, queuing theory, mathematical optimization, computer simulation, etc.) as appropriate to reduce/avoid cost or increase revenue to drive OCF improvements through improving operational efficiency. Can include developing and using analytical forecasting/prediction and optimization models that yield process and labor improvement recommendations and improved property-wide operations planning. Establish key performance tracking metrics and monitor ongoing performance.
- Develop, execute and participate in data collection studies; Also, obtain data using database query tools; Perform data mining and data analysis using statistical tools and methodologies.
- Partner with internal clients to facilitate productivity and efficiency related analyses. Evaluate and improve methods and procedures for the various operational processes throughout the resort. Also partner with external vendors to provide solutions to improve operational and sales initiatives.
- Aid in the development and delivery of business cases & presentations to be presented from front line stakeholders to executive leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS: Willingness to support a 24/7/365 Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR) operation, which includes periods of high demand (weekends, holidays, etc.)
EDUCATION: Required: High school degree, or GED. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Management Science, Decision Science, or a closely-related field
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum of 1 year of experience working in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Decision Science, Statistics or other engineering or scientific disciplines; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred: 2-3 years of experience working in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Decision Science, Statistics or other engineering or scientific disciplines; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Preferred: reputable and verifiable Big Data Analytics certification (e.g., Certified Analytics Professional (CAP), etc.)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Knowledge of and some application of analysis tools and techniques, such as forecasting, queuing theory, process mapping, etc.
- Knowledge of and some application using statistical and programming tools, such as R, and Python.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others and deal with multiple priorities and differing points of view in a challenging operational environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under changing conditions
- In addition to the Required above:
- Demonstrated proficiency in using advanced Microsoft Office features (Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Demonstrated proficiency in using analysis tools and techniques such as forecasting, queuing theory, process mapping, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using statistical and programming tools, such as R, and Python. Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.