Sr. Programmer Analyst, Angular
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Programmer Analyst, Angular Developer role is to provide highly specialized knowledge that will enable them to successfully design, code and deliver complex solutions for Parks Technology Solutions Delivery. Provide training to more junior team members to increase their expertise toward driving design and coding solutions.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
- Design and craft design patterns and components for consumption over multiple channels and products.
- Ideate, iterate, and create specifications for Design System components.
- Collaborate with Scrum Master, RTE, Solution Engineering and architecture teams on the design system infrastructure and release management process.
- Train more junior team members to lend expertise toward driving solutions on advanced and emerging technologies. Drive the documentation of technical requirements, specifications, and test cases in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Evangelist for modular development practices for rapid iteration of front-end code.
- Code contributor full stack across multiple applications and tools.
SCOPE: Provide technical leadership, and high level of knowledge to successfully design and deliver complex solutions for Parks Technology Solutions Delivery.
- 4+ years of experience in UI technologies including guest facing web and mobile.
- 2+ years working with modern MV* libraries such as Angular, React, Vue.js, etc.
- Good understanding of E2E Internet application architecture including browser concepts, HTTP, REST, and Security best practices.
- Experience with CICD, Unit Testing, Linting, and Code Coverage.
- Experience with Object orientated and procedural programming.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
- Business Analysis – proven success collaborating directly with internal customers (i.e., product owners) to understand their needs and translate them into a working solution.
- Adaptability – a fast learner with a willingness to build solutions using tools to which you may have had little previous exposure.
- Empathy-the innate ability to understand the challenges faced by our customers, and the drive to resolve them.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills, problem resolution and improved efficiencies and productivity.
- Experience with large-scale enterprise system development and integration.
- Experience with accessibility / ADA Compliance; AA, W3, etc.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework a plus.
- Passionate about producing simple, consistent, maintainable, well-tested module code.
- Experience with mature SDLC, GIT, and NPM publishing techniques to facilitate rapid deployments.
- Experience with back-end technologies, Java and .NET.
- Experienced with functional and automated testing and focused on quality engineering.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience desired in one or more of the following fields: Computer Information Technology, Computer Programming and Analysis, Industrial Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 4+ years equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.