JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the First Cook in ordering, receiving, and having a basic knowledge of the overall inventory process. Trains new Team Members in the Line Production Cook role and leads Line Production Cooks when there is a not a First Cook available. Will be cross-trained at all food stations, and should have proficient knowledge of food preparation and food safety.
- Performs Cook duties at all stations in the venue to ensure food preparation meets Universal Standards. Monitors Line Production Cooks to make sure proper food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Trains new Team Members on basic food safety and the overall process of food preparation/venue standards. Assists the First Cook with leading the Line Production Cooks workflow, helping them to manage their priorities and keeping preparation time efficient.
- Performs duties of a Line Production Cook, including opening/closing procedures, interacting with guests when necessary, knowing allergen information, and maintaining cleanliness of the station.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving process, along with having a basic understanding of the EATEC system and using it to take inventory, accounting for spoilage and other issues.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This individual will be responsible for various aspects of the kitchen operation such as preparation time, allergen information, food quality. In the absence of the First Cook, this individual will also be responsible for providing direction to Line Production Cooks and some Quick Services Associates.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required
EXPERIENCE: 6 months to 1 year of experience as a Line Cook required. Must have knowledge of cooking processes; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Preferred to have CPFM (Certified Professional Food Managers) Certificate.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.