Marketing Project Manager
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Manage all client campaigns through the project lifecycle, including scoping projects and timelines, creating estimates, as well as managing budgets and work-back schedules. Facilitate consistent communication between the agency’s Creative, Project Management and Account Management teams, assuring the on-time delivery of all client campaigns to ensure they remain on-budget, on-time and on-quality (tactical).
The Project Manager works closely with vendors/contractors assigned to their campaigns, managing them within scope and budget, as well as assuring their elements are executed on-quality (tactical) and on-time in support of the overarching campaign deliverables. An effective problem solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities to realize efficiencies and minimize scope creep and budget waste.
Project Lifecycle Management
- Leads Project kickoff, presenting key deliverables, initial Spec Sheets, timelines + budgets
- Monitors project budgets + schedules daily
- Catches project scope creep
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing all parties of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise
- Manages + updates project work-back schedules
- Identifies and proactively resolves any deliverables that might fall behind schedule
- Manages tactical quality of all client partner deliverables (specs)
- Ensures smooth handoff of deliverables from Creative Services to IMCD and IT departments
- Responsible for the consistent successful facilitation of project(s) from estimation through launch and maintenance
- Manages project transactions (reviews and adjusts) on a weekly basis
- Manages all projects on-quality (tactical), on-time and on-budget
- Facilitates estimate development and confirmation of vendor(s) selection and final production schedules for print and production work with Purchasing and when necessary the Studio Print Manager
- Ensures hand off of print/production ready files to vendor(s) for production, with Print Production manager where necessary
- Ensures all project outside costs are accurately represented in WMJ
- Ensure all project outside costs are accurately coded and represented in internal billing systems (i.e. SNAP, SRM, Versa)
- Based upon the Agency Account Mapping, this may include assumed responsibilities and tasks associated with other roles that may report up to the Sr. Project Manager, including, but not limited to: Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator (per the Project Management Role Matrix).
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Strong understanding and proven experience with creative workflows for print, video & digital production required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required. Preferred degree disciplines: Marketing, Communications, Marketing/Mass Communications, Advertising, Project Management, Business, Organizational Management, Graphic Design, Art Design.
EXPERIENCE: Preferred candidates will have 5+ yrs experience in corporate environment with focus on developing marketing and advertising messaging strategies and overseeing tactical execution. Preferable experience managing/overseeing at least 1 or more direct reports. Experience with in-house creative agency or marketing/advertising is strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not required, but PMP or any other Project Management certifications a plus.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Experience with project management workflow software (Workamajig, Basecamp, Workfront, MS Project, etc.) a plus, Workamajig strongly preferred. Proficiency or working knowledge of MAC OS and Adobe Creative Suite also a plus, but not required.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Advanced project management skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously in fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough understanding of studio/graphic arts and creative workflow processes.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with print production processes and techniques (artwork, pre-press, printing.)
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with digital development and production processes and techniques (web, mobile, social, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with video production processes and techniques (photo/film shoot, AV editing and/or motion graphics development.)
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.