Vice President, Global Media – Integrated Media and Digital
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Integrated Media and Digital Global Media Lead serves as the overall media lead for Universal Parks and Resorts. They oversee the consolidated planning and buying functions for North America and our internal and external agency partner network across Universal Parks & Resorts, including Asia. Day to day they will oversee all functions for our paid media planning and activation and will act as the overall media executive liaison to the Universal Parks & Resorts destination leadership teams and Integrated Media and Digital destination leads. The role is both strategic partner and advisor to the Integrated Media and Digital destination lead and local teams but also acts as the single point of accountability to insure delivery and executional excellence across all paid media functions. Organizationally they are responsible for determining the innovation agenda, organizational optimization and evolution of our paid media strategy and go to market activations.
- Serve as a strategic partner and advisor to the Chief Marketing Officer, Integrated Media and Digital destination leads and other site executive management on the day to day business needs and operations as it pertains to media planning and activation
- Act as overall lead senior executive for paid media across Universal Parks & Resorts
- Lead the development and stewardship for integrated media planning to insure best in class audience based customer journey plans and executions.
- Work as a key leader/partner of the Integrated Media and Digital executive management team to continue to evolve our capabilities and improve our processes in achieving our mission and objectives. Collaborate across Integrated Media and Digital to elevate the integration, performance and impact of the overall group on the business goals of our destination partners
- Develop, oversee and motivate teams of high-performing media and digital specialists and agencies who manage the development of Universal Parks & Resorts’ strategies and activation plans to ensure success
- Drives the continual evolution of diverse, high performance culture through critical performance feedback and management, employee engagement and thoughtful development plans especially for high potential talent.
- Champion the use of new technologies, analytics, measurement capabilities and platforms to innovate and increase the impact of paid, owned and earned media.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: 15 – 20 years of experience in media planning, activation and strategic leadership roles
- Integrated marketing leadership experience – including integrated media plan development and management
- Deep experience in the evolution and mechanics of modern media planning and buying – including omni-channel planning, addressable media, programmatic buying, data driven/people based media buying, RTB and platform based executions. Experience in leading both agency and internal linear and digital buying teams preferred.
- Experience with global media environments, agencies, best practices – Asia specific
- Experience providing shared services in a global or portfolio based organization
- Business based thinker who can provide broad strategic advice, translate that to superior executional programs and strategies and then lead to implementation
- Flexible leader who is comfortable operating in a matrix and fluid structure while maintaining a high degree of effectiveness and drive
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable driving teams to decisions and leading change management situations
- Good balance of strong marketing and digital technical fluency with business mindedness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in developing compelling presentations and presenting to senior management.
- Equally effective and influential communicator in formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers, and potential business partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a sense of urgency required working in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated success in driving and coaching large teams to high performance and execution
- Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent worker with a strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.