Associate Marketing Creative Director – Content Engagement
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Leads the Content Engagement Creative Team, developing strategy, designing user-interaction, and providing creative guidance for both copy and visual assets while also contributing as a hands-on creator. This role supports the social media and interactive marketing communications for Universal Orlando. The ACD is a player and coach who manages, leads and inspires the team to create compelling interactive designs for our digital mediums-always with the guest in mind.
- Leads the creative team for assigned projects, creating comps and prototypes, setting design style, providing direction for all copy, photos, illustration and videos assets used on our sites.
- Works with the Sr Director of Content Engagement, Content Engagement Content Strategy, and Project Management to manage their projects and workload. Takes initiative to move projects along according to schedule.
- Collaborates with the other creatives, and all other departments conceptualizing and executing effective original content work. Brings fresh ideas to the table while always helping to elevate the work of others. Drives their work to a successful conclusion, while pushing the brand forward. Ensures work is executed flawlessly, maintaining the vision and tone of the UO brand or specific campaign.
- Inspiring and directing creative team, agency and contractor support resources.
SCOPE: The ACD is responsible for managing a creative team to deliver both inspired creative ideas and expert craftsmanship regardless of medium. They are skilled collaborators who work well with all other departments. They relentlessly strive for creative excellence while meeting strategic goals as well as time and budget parameters.
Candidates should present a portfolio of relevant creative samples in a variety of mediums including print, broadcast and interactive/digital that can be validated as their work. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of marketing creative tactics with a deep understanding of creative content development.
- Strategic thinker with superior creative mind and high taste.
- Thrives in a deadline driven environment with the ability to manage multiple priority assignments simultaneously.
- Eye for detail.
- Passionate about working in every medium and creating fresh interesting ways to create compelling content.
- Experienced working in a fast paced, multi-task, multi-deadline environment.
- Collaborative team player.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required in Fine Art, Graphic Design, Marketing, Business Communications, etc.
EXPERIENCE: 7-10 Years of experience preferred in an advertising agency or large in-house agency; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.