Manager, Attraction Operations Ride Safety
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the direction and implementation of safety programs that align with Attractions Operations mission to safely operate world-class attractions by ensuring the highest safety standards are met while executing routine safety audits. Acts as a safety liaison between Attractions Operations and internal departments such as Tech Services, Talent Development, EHS and the UPR Global Standards team.
- Manages the development, review and communication of approved procedural changes at all Attractions while ensuring alignment with like rides both within Universal Orlando and across UPR. Cross references manufacturer’s requirements (O&Ms) and industry regulations. Oversees routine audits of venue training practices and training material for consistency and accuracy. Responsible for ensuring standardized processes are developed and maintained for programs such as annual training refreshers, evacuation training, ride signage and regularly leads park-wide ride safety meetings.
- Responsible for providing direction on safety and compliance procedures and programs while staying current with all theme park industry safety requirements and standards. Oversees the strategic direction and sustainability of all the ride building access control program which includes collaborating with Tech Services, EHS and UPR to adhere to established standards. Oversees routine facility audits to ensure building access control standards are being utilized properly at all shifts. Actively reviews rider safety information resort wide for accuracy and identifies ways to better inform Guests of attraction warnings and restrictions.
- Manages a team of hourly and exempt Team Members by providing feedback on performance, giving direction on how to handle, solve and prevent situations and developing communication, decision making and reasoning skills. Creates development plans, gives direction on administering Team Member counselings and recognition. Ensures all team member schedules, performance appraisals and documentation is completed in a timely and consistent manner. Addresses employee situations as needed and collaborates with HR team when necessary for guidance
- Responsible for the development and execution of routine informational and hands on drills associated to extraordinary attraction downtimes. Creates detailed documents outlining the overview, objectives, observations and post mortem notes. Follows up on suggestions provided by participants.
- Reviews and investigates daily Attraction Incident Reports to ensure all have the proper documentation and closure. Primary point of contact for Risk Management for obtaining supporting information associated with Guest Incidents and claims associated to Universal Orlando attractions.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Non-routine; Significant decision-making and ability to adapt to operational needs. Influences decisions of complex nature requiring high degree of tact. Execute short term strategies while focusing on long term objectives and vision. Awareness of overall UPR safety standards and ASTM standards.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required – Hospitality Management or Business Administration preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years park operations experience with 3-5 years Supervisory
experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Working knowledge of ASTM F24 standards preferred. NAARSO and/or AIMS certification preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.