Wardrobe – Lead Seamstress
JOB SUMMARY: Supports management in directing and coordinating activities of department and employees by performing the following duties: Sets the Service example and ensures that the team members are also following required UO service standards, monitors team member’s production and assigns lunches and breaks, and is responsible for making complex alterations on wardrobe pieces for all venues, creating original pieces for projects, and manufacturing basic accessories.
- Performs general alterations and repairs on existing wardrobe used in all venues, through the use of hand sewing or sewing machine (e.g.,snap repair, hem repair, string, buttons and fabric tears). Installs RFID chips in wardrobe pieces.
- Provides work direction to team members. Assigns lunches and break times. Monitors compliance of current Company and department policies and procedures. Communicates performance, behavior standards, and expectations; provides feedback for recognition and performance improvement. Captures written behaviors using the Lead Observation Report to support managerial and supervisory documentation.
- Fits and alters newly fabricated and purchased wardrobe and complex alterations to existing wardrobe (e.g., conversion to maternity clothing) and assists Guests with Wardrobe needs.
- Cuts wardrobe pieces from patterns, with knowledge of grain, knap and fabric saving techniques.
- Provides assistance to the Wardrobe Fabricators with their assignments as needed. Assists in cleanliness and organization of the work areas. Utilizes Garment Inventory System to perform accurate logging of daily work product.
- Assists with training new and current employees. Assigns who will provide daily training. Informs employees of current and new company policies and procedures.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required.
- Employed by UO for a minimum of 90 days required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience working on industrial sewing machine, walking foot machines, sergers, and pressing equipment, demonstrated ability in pattern making and draping required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of experience in advance garment construction, machine stitching, and alterations preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.