Park Research – Lead (Trainer)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Intercepts, qualifies, and conducts surveys with guests across all Universal Orlando properties, and other designated locations in the Orlando area as needed. Must be able to engage guests in dialog and handle rejection when guests do not want to participate. Must be able to determine if guests meet the eligibility of the survey based on screening qualifications.
- Intercepts, qualifies, and conducts surveys with park guests using standardized recruiting and interviewing techniques including the ability to determine eligibility for survey based on screening qualifications. Recruits for focus group participation as needed.
- Responsible for consistent, reliable data collection according to study procedures while demonstrating good time management, organizational skills, and multi-tasking in order to meet daily survey quotas.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of all data collected. Detail oriented with the ability to accurately and legibly document and complete all study materials including refusal and incidence tracking sheets, and completed survey demographics. Proficient written, verbal, and active listening communication skills including the ability to assist guests while remaining on task for interviewing needs.
- Displays good teamwork skills and a willingness to continually improve performance. Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time as well as adjust to surrounding environment including all encountered outdoor weather conditions.
- Provides support to the Coordinators as well as work direction to small teams of Interviewers. Communicates performance, behavior and expectation standards to the interviewing team and ensures Coordinator is kept informed of all shift information. Provides feedback for recognition and performance improvement.
- Captures written behaviors using the Lead Observation Report to support managerial and supervisory documentation. Ensures clear communication of interviewing issues with Coordinators, and the Leadership Team as needed. Self-motivated, reliable, and flexible. Easily able to switch between multiple tasks and projects during shifts.
- Comfortable using technology including conducting surveys on tablets, laptops, and iPads. Sets up and breaks down equipment as needed (iPads, tablets, etc.).
- Assists with training new and current team members through Job Shadowing. Helps train interviewers in the proper administration of survey instruments.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Conducts interviews with consumers and guests on a wide variety of topics according to specific instructions.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
- 1-3 years marketing research field experience required. Theme park supervisory experience a plus. Guest Services experience a plus or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ability to effectively interact and provide basic leadership to other Interviewers.
- Must have verbal skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking with guests on an ongoing basis.
- Must be capable of understanding the goal and purpose of research.
- Must have ability to effectively interact with guests.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.