Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Aid and participate in the design, development, and implementation of strategic consumer based research projects to help Universal Orlando better understand the wants and needs of their consumers. Develop strategic models to evaluate opportunities and to determine optimal resource allocation. Monitor trends and analyze data to help formulate creative insights.
- Conduct analyses to identify and/or evaluate strategic opportunities for short- and long-term growth, including tracking how markets and segments are evolving, involving brand, product and service opportunities, and analyzing external marketing trends as well as competitive actions.
- Manage and develop methods of sharing data with internal stakeholders to provide greater understanding of the Universal Orlando business.
- Monitor secondary sources for consumer trends, industry trends, brand/product/category developments, and competitor marketing and research activities and integrate findings into research activities.
SCOPE: Manage projects and conduct analyses to develop recommendations with significant and far-ranging impact on the performance of the business. Generate actionable knowledge-driven insights and analysis and proactively share with marketing and sales stakeholders. Present insights to internal and external stakeholders as needed, to ensure alignment to business strategy.
EDUCATION: High school degree is required; Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred – Business Administration, Economics, statistics or Business Analytics.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of overall strategy & development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred/beneficial:
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience.
- Financial Pro-forma, forecasting, and business case development.
- Consumer Research.
- Competitive and market analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and extract key learning from both primary and secondary research.
- Must be able to evaluate quantitative data sets, identify hidden nuggets of learning and capture ‘big picture’ implications.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses and recommendations in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint; SPSS is a big plus.
- Familiarity with multivariate statistical techniques (i.e., factor analysis, cluster analysis, discriminate analysis, regression, etc) is a plus.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.