Senior Manager, Blue Man Group
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining the overall successful operation of the venue, including the interpretation of daily sales results, strategic planning to ensure exemplary service in sales and house operation, and managing these services toward budgetary/financial success.
- Serves as single point of contact for all venue operations. Facilitates communication with BMG, Sales, Information Services, Security, USPG, Revenue Operations, Technical Services, Park Services et al to ensure all efforts for successful operation of the show are aligned.
- Monitors all guest sales contact points (Box Office, Call Center, Online, etc.) to ensure effective strategies are being used to maximize sales and efficient selling of each theater show. Reviews sales reporting to recommend schedule changes or additions as necessary to maximize profits.
- Ensures adequate ‘day of’ staffing and management of all house operations including Box Office, custodial, concessions, and theater staff. Manages daily house supervisory team to ensure standards for service and guest recovery are maintained at the highest level.
- Maintains contact with BMG to ensure house seating requirements are understood and that proper physical coordination of show support is maintained.
- Coordinates communication with Sales team to ensure flawless execution of group sales, private shows and other sales initiatives within the venue.
- Develops operating budgets and adjusts operations as necessary to identify and control costs.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to the management staff to ensure continuous and upward development.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related program preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years: Operations management and supervision of staff experience required. Theatrical management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience are preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.