Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Working under the strategic direction of Creative Director, Sr. Art Director or Art Director responsible for creating compelling creative, graphic design, artwork and copy layouts for brand campaigns and projects. Designs/Layouts will appear in a wide array of communication mediums including print, broadcast, electronic media, & collateral. Develops designs that are consistent with UOR design quality and brand standards.
**Must provide a portfolio of work to showcase your talents
- Creates compelling creative/graphic design/art
- Creates compelling creative, graphic design, visual communication and typography layouts for brand campaigns and projects.
- Develops designs that are consistent with UOR design quality and brand standards.
- Seeks to create award winning work.
- Maintains Solid Understanding OF UOR Core Business, Brand Portfolio, Brand Standards and Target Audiences
- Stays abreast of brand standards and LP standards
- Stays abreast of design trends particularly in Travel, Tourism and Entertainment Industry.
- Interacts with Art Directors & Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned campaigns and projects.
- Strives to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Alerts Creative Director/Art Director if timelines are off-target.
- Maintains effective relationships with other team members and promotes a collaborative work environment.
- Presentation skills
- Presents ideas to members of creative team.
SCOPE: Responsible for creating compelling creative, graphic design, artwork and copy layouts for brand campaigns and projects.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Visual Communication Design (Graphic Design or closely related field) combined with outstanding creative portfolio.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design field, advertising agency, in-house agency or marketing environment. Note Graphic Design also called Visual Communication Design VCD.
- Experience with a wide array of media including print, broadcast, online, outdoor, and events/displays.
- Experience in like industry (travel, tourism, entertainment) and with like targets/demographics (teens/tweens, vacationers, Floridians, Hispanics) a plus
- Understanding of design applications including In Design, Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of printing process, photography, illustration and typography.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.