Arborist (Tree Maintenance)
JOB SUMMARY: Provides support to Horticulture, as well as other divisions across UO, with all aspects and requirements for tree maintenance, removal and relocation.
- Operate all heavy equipment, being adept in the use of a bucket truck and high reach to prune, move, install, and remove trees. Being proficient in the operation and maintenance of all 2-cycle equipment i.e.: Chain saws, power pole saws, and back-pack or hand held blowers.
- Climb trees for proper maintenance and removal, within UO climbing and rigging guidelines. Including the ability to perform specific climbing knots i.e.: Bowline hitch, half hitch, double half hitch, and slip knot.
- Rigging trees for proper lifting and transport. Being capable of applying the essential techniques used for tree lifting i.e.: Choke strapping, barrel strapping, saddle strapping, and pinning.
- Provide correct hand signals for heavy equipment operation and rental cranes to insure safe operation.
- Stakes and guys trees according to UO Horticulture standards.
- Identification of proper tree nutrition and/or deficiencies.
SCOPE: Responsible for maintaining the integrity of all trees and palms resort wide.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
Knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability, interpretation of designated manuscripts, and essential writing technique.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Drivers License required. Class B CDL preferred; ISA Arborist Certification preferred; MOT (Method Of Traffic) certification from DOT preferred. Training can be provided on the job.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This job requires extensive physical job duties and the ability to climb and trim trees at long intervals. In addition to the use of specific knot tying, strategic climbing, and the use of power tools while in the trees and on the ground. Must have the ability to operate and work out of a bucket truck and high reach at heights up to 50 feet.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.