Health Services – Nurse
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Nurse staff position will provide initial first aid care to guests and employees using sound nursing judgment and nursing skill. This position will also be required to file proper paperwork and determine if outside medical attention is required. Position will work within the medical protocol established by the medical director.
- Strictly adheres to and actively promotes all Health Services policies and procedures and Standing Orders while performing duties.
- Examines and treats all Universal Orlando guests and employee injuries and illness according to company protocols and using sound nursing judgment.
- Provides timely documentation for each team member and guest completely, legibly and accurately; documenting the appropriate assessment and treatments; documenting on the appropriate paperwork and electronic files. Provides copies and files documents as required.
- Authorizes treatment for team members to receive outside medical care. Notifies supervisors off all team members and guests sent off property for further treatment.
- Completes shift responsibilities to include, opening and closing checklists, restocking supplies at bases, airway bags and shared department packs and equipment. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment
- Maintains professional appearance and actions at all times. Presents in uniform as outlined by UO policy and department uniform standards and Team Member handbook
- Remains current on all department and UO changes or directives, reviews Health Service homepage daily, department communication boards and asks supervisor clarifying questions.
- Participates in staff meeting, in-service programs and program development activities as required or requested.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Nursing Degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Hospital experience required; Critical Care or Emergency Room experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- RN-Current license as a Registered Nurse, State of Florida.
- Mandatory certification as BLS provider and Advance cardiac life support.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.