Custodial – BOH Attendant (Park Services)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of back of house assigned buildings, trailers and common grounds in a timely, safe and organized manner. Actively participates in the collection and processing of recycling material in accordance with current company standards. As assigned, operates various cleaning and waste handling equipment in a timely, safe and responsible manner.
- Thoroughly maintains and upkeeps cleanliness of exterior and interior of buildings and trailers, as well as common grounds. Ensures restroom care, soft & bulk waste removal, glass cleaning, floor care (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping), dusting, etc. tasks are completed in a timely manner while upholding show quality standards. Promotes and provides exemplary guest service to internal guests and clients.
- Ensures recycling material is collected and placed in designated areas. Supports recycling initiatives through sorting, processing and baling efforts as assigned. Keeps working area in an organized and safe manner.
- Operates company equipment (vehicles, waste handling equipment, pressure washers, floor equipment, etc.) following Standard
- Operating Procedures in a safe and responsible manner. Ensures consistent overall cleanliness and appropriate storage of equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring and re-stocking inventory (cleaning supplies, paper products, etc) for assigned work area.
- Accurately completes and returns daily paperwork and checklists. Timely reports maintenance issues in restrooms and company equipment (vehicles, waste handling equipment, pressure washers, floor equipment, etc.).
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This individual will be responsible for the overall cleanliness of common grounds, buildings and trailers in the back of house areas of Universal Orlando.
- This individual will be required to sweep, pull trash and clean restrooms throughout the day.
- This individual will also be required to operate a company vehicle.
- This individual may receive advanced training to operate various small and large equipment to accomplish detail cleaning and/or waste handling.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year cleaning experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s license required.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.