Sr. Analyst, Revenue Management – Data Science
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Develop and implement revenue management and pricing solutions to drive superior financial performance through advanced analytic methods. Develop market response models to understand price sensitivity and determine optimal pricing for Universal Express, Food, Merchandise and other businesses within Universal Parks. Develop, test and implement new products, test price and demand sensitivity, make recommendations to maximize profitability. Establish key performance tracking metrics and monitor ongoing performance.
- Develop Revenue management models that reflect price elasticity for all guest facing products sold at domestic theme parks and support automation of Revenue Management decision making and identify opportunities to drive incremental profitability. Modeling efforts will include data preparation, normalization and segmentation to accurately predict the market response to changing prices.
- Test model accuracy, adjust price, calculate demand sensitivity and make recommendations that maximize profitability. Measure market response at the product and category levels across multiple locations and parks. Establish and maintain baseline historical pricing, seasonality, transaction volume, revenue, penetration, per capita, pricing, etc.
- Provide weekly and annual pricing recommendations; collaborate with product owners to take action to drive incremental revenue. Develop and maintain dashboards/reporting and drive performance measurement.
- Trouble shoot forecast and optimization anomalies with revenue management team through the use of statistical and mathematical optimization models
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Develop Revenue Management models and solutions for Express/FOL, Food, Merchandise and other ancillary products across all domestic parks sales channels.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree is required, PhD is preferred. Master of Science Degree/PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to work through complex problems
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.