Halloween Horror Nights Haunted House Attendant
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Provide support to Halloween Horror Nights Haunted Houses and Shows by building and breaking down queue equipment, providing crowd control, and maintaining the flow of the Haunted House by monitoring the queue and venue to proactively ensure compliance with safety standards & restrictions.
- Sets up and breaks down stanchions, ropes, and barricades to appropriately configure the length of the queue on a nightly basis.
- Maintains efficiency through assigned Haunted Houses or Shows by efficiently loading and unloading guests.
- Assists guests while in a venue or show by providing direction, enforcing restrictions, monitoring crowds, performing crowd control duties and addressing safety concerns.
- Ensures safe behavior of guests, Scare-Actors and Entertainers in conjunction with the Entertainment Coordinators and Stage Managers.
- Provides over-the-top service by engaging the guests and evoking the theme or story-line of the assigned area. Enthusiastically greets and welcomes guests and engages in a positive, polite and friendly manner when monitoring the queue area and providing direction or safety instructions.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of operational experience, specifically operating a Theme Park Attraction is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move between 50 and 75 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals
- Walking for prolonged periods (including ability to walk at a given pace that is predetermined by a moving sidewalk)
- Hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise
- Reach, pull, push with hands and arms above and below head
- Repeating motions more than twice per minute
- Ability to maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours.
- Ability to maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure)
- Use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Climb stairs/ ladders
- Ability to work at heights for prolonged periods of time including heights with or without railings or over open pits greater than 4 feet.
- Close vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus while in changing light conditions e.g., sunshine to indoor or dark conditions)
- Ability to work in varied light conditions including low or diminished lighting
- Ability to work in wet, humid conditions (non-weather)
- Noise level-Loud noise (Noise when raised conversation is needed)
- Ability to work in an environment with flashing lights including strobe lamps
- Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Depth perception (vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to work in an a confined space
- Will include exposure to Bodily Fluids (blood and/or vomit)
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.