Guest Services Coordinator (In Park)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Guest Services Coordinators are responsible for helping Guests enjoy their stay at our resort through: setting expectations and troubleshooting and resolving Guest situations. Coordinators provide exemplary Guest Service while maintaining quality and a positive atmosphere. Duties include, but are not limited to, satisfying Guests needs and maintaining constant surveillance of cash drawers and other company assets.
- Resolves and eases sensitive guest situations on an individual basis through personal interaction. Asks exploratory questions to identify and documents the concerns, needs and expectations as well as fully investigates issues such as: long queues, crowd control, inclement weather, employee interactions, height restrictions, property damage and inoperable attractions etc. Communicates the appropriate accommodations for guests with disabilities in accordance with ADA guidelines. Determines and provides appropriate level of guest recovery and compensation.
- Fulfills guest inquires by utilizing in depth knowledge of the Universal Orlando resort as well as the general Orlando/Metro Orlando area. Performs concierge duties to provide the ultimate guest experience and ‘one stop shopping’ such as: upgrades on all ticket media, restaurant and hotel reservations, lost children, transportation needs and foreign currency exchange.
- Processes, investigates and resolves all ticket issues including but not limited to UPRV, Destination Universal, Timeshares, Online Ticket Store, Front Gate Sales, ETDS, vouchers and complimentary tickets. Receives, logs, documents and secures lost and found items for the entire company and returns items to guests in a timely manner.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures and maintains constant surveillance of cash drawer to ensure accuracy at cash out.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Resolves and eases sensitive guest situations on an individual basis through personal interaction.
- Communicates the appropriate accommodations for guests with disabilities in accordance with ADA guidelines.
- Performs concierge duties to provide the ultimate guest experience and ‘one stop shopping’.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years previous Guest Service experience in Hospitality Industry preferred.
- 1-3 years providing direction preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional requirements for this position include:
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Typing Skills (30 WPM)
- Strong communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Ability to handle filing and data entry procedures
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.