Senior Manager, Communications & Brand Management – Universal Creative
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
The Senior Manager, Communications & Brand Management leads all internal and external Universal Creative communications, responsible for developing and executing strategies designed to deliver consistent messaging company-wide, as well as leading the team responsible for all communications efforts. Head of brand management for Universal Creative and responsible for maintaining and owning the Universal Creative brand, as well as leading Universal Creative brand team. Responsible for facilitating executive-level communications, presentations, talking points and decks, partnering with internal and external groups as needed. Lead division strategic and leadership event planning, including presence at industry and professional networking events; partner to enable internal events enhancing the team member experience. Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver strategic research projects and serve as communication liaison between Universal Creative and other UPR, NBCUniversal and Comcast divisions.
Internal Strategic Communications:
- Lead internal communications strategy by identifying and distributing key messages relevant to team members through appropriate communication channels.
- Review and approve internal communications templates and messaging tool solutions to ensure consistent framing of messages.
- Produce and direct all communications-related internal events, including, but not limited to States of Creative and Leadership Forums.
- Align and partner with UPR, NBCUniversal and Comcast Internal Communications teams to ensure consistent messaging.
- Prepare, review and distribute executive messaging for the President and executive leadership team, both internally and externally, from crisis management to general information to Team Member engagement.
- Presentations: Liaise and design executive-level presentations for Vice Presidents and higher, including cross-divisional and parent company senior executives, partnering with internal and external groups, as needed, to develop and communicate Universal Creative content. Coach executives on talking points used for internal and external audiences. Review and facilitate other non-executive and cross-divisional presentations containing Universal Creative content.
- Strategic Research: Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver executive strategic research projects and manage a portfolio of Universal Creative content assets. Partner with the Legal team to provide the President and division leadership updates on current news, rumors and more, as well as any other research projects as they arise.
- Develop and lead strategy for all Universal Creative external communications, including speaking engagements, public relations, articles, interviews, industry events, and more.
- Manage presence for Universal Creative. Oversee all speaking engagements and appearance requests; including ensuring speaker readiness. Partner with UPR, NBCUniversal and Comcast teams to facilitate all PR releases mentioning Universal Creative.
- Manage relationships between Universal Creative and UPR, NBCUniversal and Comcast stakeholders, including marketing, events, and operations.
- Lead all Universal Creative branding globally, internally and externally. Align and partners to ensure consistent messaging.
- Oversee the design and management of all Universal Creative brand standards, utilizing the Brand Style Guide.
- Guide the Universal Creative social media presence, including LinkedIn, partnering with graphic design and media teams to develop branded content to inform and attract top talent.
- Develop and lead Universal Creative’s digital presence.
Global Relationship Building:
- Advocate global brand and communications strategies company-wide. Act as the point of contact between Universal Creative, UPR and all other NBCUniversal and Comcast divisions for branding and communications.
- Develop and maintain acute awareness of cultural cues and sensitivities while collaborating on global initiatives.
SCOPE: Protector and owner of the brand. Leader of all communication, brand, and research initiatives and projects. Leader of all high-level events. Leader of team responsible for all communication and branding globally. Provide mentorship, coaching and feedback to direct reports, including goal setting and career development.
- Collaborate and partner with other Universal Parks & Resorts divisions, ensuring consistent branding and communications.
- Strong writing background, with experience writing and editing publications preferred.
- Experience with strategic planning, concept brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and execution.
- Ability to think creatively and justify concepts to clients and team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Ability to influence not only own team, but entire company culture.
- Manage and resolve conflict in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across all departments globally
- Ability to work under pressure, deadlines, and incomplete information.
- Able to communicate effectively to executive leadership team.
- Able to lead and manage team of people.
- Strong design background, demonstrating expert level in PowerPoint, Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of presentation technology including aspect ratios, projectors, sound, and video equipment. Understanding of image formats, resolution, and size.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or experience.
EXPERIENCE: 6-10 years experience in communications; experience writing and editing publications preferred. Must have experience managing a public and recognized brand. Experience with strategic internal communications to employees required. Must have an established history of high-level corporate presentations. Must be a clear communicator able to collaborate with executive leadership. Social media, graphic design, photography and video development a plus. Strong familiarity with research and data analytics required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.