Facilities – Commercial Handyman
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains the facilities maintenance of Universal Orlando buildings and completes specific work orders, including, but not limited to, masonry, tile, pavers, and woodwork. Handles daily trouble calls from the dispatcher. Completes special projects and other shop work as directed by the supervisor or the lead.
- Rough in carpentry to include, but not limited to, framing, sheet goods, wood decking and dock work as well as repairing wood and metal stud work.
- Trim work including various moldings, turnings, laminate application, cabinet work, and window and door installation.
- Installation and repairs to exterior finishes including, but not limited to Dry-Vit, EIFIS and Stucco.
- Repairs and finishing to various walkways and roadways throughout the parks.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance of theater seating, furniture, restroom stall doors and partitions.
- Install and make repairs to interior wall and floor tiles and coverings made of various materials.
- Install and make repairs to various commercial hardware, including but not limited to, door closures, panic hardware, mortis and cylindrical locks.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years general carpentry and construction including framing, drywall, trim work, masonry, and tile required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Driver’s License/ required to operate company vehicles.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.