Attractions – Team Captain
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the daily operation and is the first point of contact for Team Members, guests, and interdepartmental partners in the absence of a Lead or Supervisor. Monitors the operation to ensure guest and Team Member safety, positive guest interactions, capacity goals and maintains the daily labor budgets. Accountable for training related functions including: scheduling new hire on-the-job training, re-certification and compliance training.
- Performs all operational duties related to the daily opening and closing of venues in the absence of the Lead. Completes opening and closing checklists for operational readiness, inspects the work environment including: equipment, loading gates, lap bars, vehicle or rides and ensures operational safety. Evacuates the venue when necessary.
- Oversees new hire training and is the first point of contact for new Team Members. Schedules on-the-job training, works closely with Leads and Trainers to ensure that team members have successfully completed their training plan. Monitors trainees throughout their on-boarding and training to ensure operational proficiency. Meets with Team Members to review their training progress, addresses concerns, documents training related issues, administers testing and signs off on the successful completion of training and testing.
- Responsible for the consistent execution of guest service, operational standards and motivating Team Members to safely deliver ride capacity. Coaches performance, conducts daily shift meetings and safety spot talks and documents performance utilizing the Lead Observation Report. Orders and maintains operating supplies, reviewing and/or edits Kronos to ensure that time is properly entered based on job code and functional area. In the absence of a Supervisor will approve daily scheduling request changes.
- Ensures daily staffing levels and rotation schedules are adjusted according to park attendance. Maintains daily Ride & Show reports, overtime reports, and safety checklists. Monitors and reports deficiencies in show quality and facilities. Aids in the dissemination of general company and venue or area specific forms of communication. Effectively applies the UO service model of Look, Focus, Act to satisfy and resolve the needs of the guests and the team members.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.