Analyst, Field Services
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring computer needs of the organization are met, including PC, Ticketing POS, Merchandise POS, Food POS, Kiosks, Tablets and/or equipment to be announced. Duties include consulting with users, Tier 2 (advanced) trouble-shooting problems, implementing solutions, training, documentation, and follow-up. Assist with the installation of desktop and POS computer-related hardware and software. Assist with special projects as required. Responsible for maintaining POS inventory for Merchandise, Ticketing, Foods, Kiosks and PC’s. Responsible for testing and tracking of all equipment.
- Perform PC, and Point of Sale hardware installation and support analysis, as well as testing and installing new software. Use problem management and request-for-service systems to receive work assignments and to input resolution of work assignments.
- Provide main support for special projects and events in the early stages of planning, staging, testing, installing and support while meeting our Service Level Agreement for these events and projects.
- Provide assistance to users on escalated incidents ensuring fast and accurate response. Escalate and update incidents per documented process. Provide network analysis of issues if required, and escalate within the IT organization to resolve.
- Document and track all software, license and hardware to maintain inventory control. Testing return merchandise authorization and completing procedure for introduction back into circulation.
- Organize assigned restorations and requests effectively to meet Service Level Agreement and balance these with events and special projects.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Coordinating Fields Services functions to ensure resolution, routing and escalations are being properly applied. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information such as financial, personal data and projects. They will be required to conduct inventory of items through the return merchandise authorization process.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability… ).
- Strong customer/team interaction skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to multi task in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to comprehend issues involving little to no concrete variables in non-standard situations as well as problems that are undocumented.
- 2-3 years knowledge of personal computers, networking, Microsoft Windows OS, and Active Directory. Microsoft Office products and various other types of Office programs a plus, Knowledge of various Point of Sale applications a plus.
- Ability to comprehend the work flow as needed during the day or event. Requires the use of sound business judgment in coordinating the requirements of the various user group(s) in the business.
- Ability to read, interpret and create technical documents and effectively present information for one-on-one and small group situations to VP’s, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Other: Military classes or equivalent training.
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years of experience preferred in the Personal Computers and Point of Sale support field and/or customer service related area. Formal training in IT related applications or equivalent work experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Job requires person to walk and be on their feet for extended periods of time. Conditions vary from season to season as 90% of the work is field work on the spot in the parks. Heat, humidity, rain, wind, cold, pollen, a/c and varying temperatures are part of the conditions the job requires to complete tasks. Work areas range from bench, table, desk, counter, floor, portable stand, Kiosks, mobile cart in place at venue or location. Call pace is very fast and varies from area to area, recognition of issues needs to be weighed against other competing issues. Hours of positions cover from prior to park opening to all venues close of business and operation and then Field Services closes shop after locations are dark. Travel opportunity maybe available for training, assisting partnering parks and/or growing support roles.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.