Sr. Administrator, Database
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical leadership and enterprise Database administration within the database group; which includes designing, creating, and maintaining databases. Provides guidance to programming staff on SQL, indexing, stored procedures, etc. to ensure high performance of production databases.
- Primary technical contact for all Database design, and support. Implements complex database designs for the core enterprise applications, including software installation, creation, tuning, and management of all production and non-production databases.
- Work closely with programmers, reviews SQL code, and provides direction on effective efficient queries, appropriate indexing, and overall integrity to insure a high performance environment.
- Establishes and recommends policies on database use and services.
- Optimizes database access, and allocates database resources for optimum configuration and performance.
- Provides technical leadership and mentors junior administrators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Database Administration on Linux and Windows
- Database performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Database backup and recovery techniques
- Database upgrades and patches
In-Depth knowledge in two or more of the following areas:
- IBM DB2
- Open Platform RDBMs
- Open Platform NoSQL
- Microsoft SQL
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years: Database management, data analysis and problem resolution required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.