Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Scrum Master will facilitate agile development and how information is exchanged across teams to support delivery. Support the scrum methodology that allows the team to self-organize and make changes quickly, in accordance with agile principles. This person supports that all activities use the principles of the Universal Scrum Framework and guides the team toward improving the way they work to be more effective. The Scrum Master removes impediments internal and external to the team and guides the team to an optimum, sustainable velocity. Act as support leader that enables the team to adopt an attitude of continuous improvement. The Scrum Master facilitates Scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint demos to maintain team effectiveness. The Scrum Master works with the Release Train Engineer(s) to integrate the team’s efforts with other teams. They communicate information and metrics to the team on progress against team objectives.
AGILE / SCRUM PRACTICES
- Facilitate agile ceremonies including sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint demos. Work with the Release Train Engineer to integrate efforts with other teams. Consult with the Product Owner to validate and communicate team priorities. Guide, coach and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to drive end value
- Serve as the team’s Scrum expert. Guide the team toward improving the way they work. Remove impediments to help the team reach an optimum, sustainable velocity.
- Guide the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Foster accountability, transparency, and regularity in status updates. Remove impediments external to the team. Ensure that the Rally system is always up to date to reflect the current state.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
COMMUNICATION / COLLABORATION
- Communicate and ensure alignment of priorities with Program stakeholders and within the team.
- Build and support a trusting and safe environment where challenges are address proactively with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating the right information the teams need at the right time.
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
METRICS / REPORTING
- Manage, publish, and communicate information radiators and relevant metrics to the team on progress against team objectives.
SCOPE: Communicating and ensuring alignment of priorities with Release Train Engineer(s) and within the Scrum Master’s team. Leads the team toward improving work and removes impediments to help teams reach an optimum, sustainable velocity. Facilitates ceremonies, including sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint demos, facilitating effective coordination with other Scrum teams and system teams, and consulting with the Product Owner to validate and communicate team priorities. Fosters accountability, transparency, and regularity in status and ensures that the Rally system is up to date to reflect the current state.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree in Information Technology required. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or technical degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5 -7 years of scrum experience with at least 2 years as a Scrum Master required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Scrum Master CSM or SAFe Scrum Master SSM (Required)
- Safe Advanced Scrum Master SASM (Desired)
- Certified Product Owner CSPO (Desired)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner ACP (Desired)
- Certified SAFe Agilist SA (Desired)
- Certified Scrum Master to lead Agile software development
- Experience guiding teams to effectively write/ split / map stories
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by IT.
- Ability to develop, plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion
- Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery processes related to Scrum
- Experience with relative estimation, retrospective, and agile release planning techniques
- Must be self-motivated, well-organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.
- Proven oral, written, and business presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with Release Train Engineer(s) and all levels and across organizational lines, including business units.
- Ability to effectively utilize external vendors and resources throughout the organization.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.