Data Analyst-Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs UPRV analysis and development of statistical models, forecasts reporting and dashboards. Supports Travel Company, Brand and sales teams with projects and programs including weekly performance dashboards, sales pricing/distribution, revenue management and performance management through data analysis and making appropriate business recommendations.
- Oversees performance management systems and reports for UPRV and package-selling sales teams. Creates and analyzes reporting tools to assist in executing and measuring goals through the use of objectives, standards, performance dimensions and sales force automation.
- Supports Management team in the development of Product and Pricing strategies for UPRV package channels. Analyzes package/ticket sales and identifies trends. Develops/recommends pricing strategies and need periods by monitoring trends and key leading indicators to increase revenue for UPRV and the greater UO business.
- Produces weekly variance reports, trend analysis, sales plan forecasting for UPRV both B2B and B2C, as well as Brand and package-selling channels. Consolidates weekly channel performance reports and insights for all of UPRV to provide to senior leadership teams.
- Creates financial models to enhance performance measurement and ad hoc reporting processes.
- Oversees room inventory availability, and works with internal partners to ensure maximum inventory and optimal price are obtained.
- Partners with internal marketing, finance and sales teams to conduct ad-hoc performance reporting and analysis.
- Proactively seeks for risks and opportunities that can have an impact on our business and recommends pricing (and other) actions.
- Assists with Executive deck/presentation creation and development towards communicating business plans, strategies and related performance trends/insights.
SCOPE: This role is responsible for analyzing the Travel Company performance, proactively looking for risk and opportunities, recommending pricing actions, forecasting sales and revenue and building reports and dashboards.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related (or business-related Bachelor’s in analysis-related program) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years of experience in data analysis, 1-3 years building queries with SQL, 1-3 year Revenue Management preferred. Experience in Travel or hospitality or air companies preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills required including advanced statistical and data mining techniques;
- Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine ‘big picture’ implications required;
- Experience in Pricing and Revenue Management (preferred);
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced) and Tableau (preferred);
- Working knowledge of databases including writing SQL queries required;
- Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment;
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems;
- Ability to handle multiple projects required;
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment required;
- Ability to communicate research results in written, visual and verbal form required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.