Senior Programmer Analyst, SharePoint Developer
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The SharePoint Sr. Programmer Analyst is primarily responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of the SharePoint environment at Universal Orlando.
- Assist vendor and other technical staff to ensure SharePoint is used according to best practices.
- Use problem-solving and analytical skills to design, development, customize, implement, upgrade, and support SharePoint sites, workflows, web parts, and other applications.
- Work with customers and technical staff to gather or work from high level requirements through detailed specifications, design, development, test, and implementation.
- Serve as a Technical Representative for SharePoint-related projects.
- Assist with managing and upgrading the SharePoint server farm.
- Ensure quality assurance activities are completed, including technical reviews and code documentation.
This position requires the ability to quickly understand supporting business processes and translate them into system designs that will support the objectives while utilizing out-of-the-box functionality.
- Analyze SharePoint requests for change, code, and test new functionality, create technical design documents, unit test, and implementation plans, and code and test new functionality for small to medium processes and/or functions.
- Liaise with other SharePoint technical staff in resolving problems with existing team sites and environments.
- Collaborate in team environment and independently with vendors, business partners and IT teams on projects, support, application development and standardization.
- Implement high quality, scalable and extendable solutions using SharePoint and other applications while adhering to established best practices.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of Microsoft SharePoint Server including monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance analysis
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of SharePoint 2013 design and architecture.
- 5-7 years’ experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and customizing SharePoint and .NET.
- Experience with the deployment and management of SharePoint architectures and solutions.
- Strong experience using SharePoint Designer 2013, InfoPath and SharePoint Central Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Standard features such as – search/indexing, content management, and Shared Service Providers, Enterprise features such as – Forms Server, Excel Calculation Services, Business Data Catalog and Security and Permissions.
- Experience with custom workflows, calculated columns, lookups, and more advanced SharePoint configuration methods.
- Ability to interact with end users, business leads, and management to gather business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SharePoint Application Development certification desired.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SharePoint Configuration certification desired.
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer: SharePoint 2013 certification a plus.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.