IT Director, Marketing Technology Services
JOB SUMMARY: The IT Director, Marketing Technology Services will be creating and evangelizing the enterprise digital & technology data platform, integration and architecture strategy to support Universal Parks & Resort’s Marketing business. Responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance, operations and enhancements of large scale Marketing data technologies and data lake/cloud platforms that will ultimately be used to deliver the Marketing technology, analytics and decision science capabilities to the Universal Parks & Resorts organization.
Actively participates in setting the direction and strategy for Marketing data management and technology environments. Collaborates with business areas to identify and assess business requirements for information/data and then provide options, risks, costs and benefits for the appropriate solution. Develops and maintains an intimate understanding of business operations. Demonstrates sound business sense and ability to see “the big picture”. Assess the flow of data between system components. Coordinates with the business users during implementations and continues to serve as a point of contact for future data questions and issues. Ensures ongoing support and maintenance of existing systems and determines improvements and corrective action when necessary. Manage end user expectations while addressing service availability concerns. Ensures business user issues are resolved in a timely manner. Facilitates and leads meetings with end users at all levels (VP, Director, Managers, and Subject Matter Experts). Keeps management and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc. This role will be responsible for varying aspects of vendor management to include drafting or approving SOW’s, RFP’s, SLA development and measurement, vendor evaluation, budgeting, monitoring progress through implementation.
- Provide day to day leadership for the development, operations and support of scalable, high-performance Marketing technologies, data warehouse/lake platforms/environments partnering with Marketing business area.
- Creates and maintains the current and target state Marketing technology data integration, architecture and platform blueprints. Provides strategic input on long term infrastructure requirements partnering with Infrastructure teams (server, network etc). Collaborates with business partners and product owners to identify key business requirements processes objectives that help build data strategies to overcome and address business group and operational challenges through data integration, architecture and platforms.
- Evaluates, designs and implements integrated data platforms across the enterprise to support the business. Monitors and manages all facets of delivery through effective management of resources, scheduling work and monitoring progress against schedules. Manages expectations, addressing service concerns, improvements, suggestions issues escalation, to ensure that support services are provided, compatibility with strategy, data architecture (current and projected), compliance issues, etc.
- Establishes data integration standardized processes, and ensures the accuracy, validity, reusability and security of data. Ensure proper post-implementation supportability, availability and on-going operational requirements are included in the data integration solutions. Work effectively with other Technology Operations /Infrastructure teams. Able to engage with them when issues arise.
- Direct vendor selection and management including oversight of drafting SOW’s, RFP’s, vendor evaluation, budgeting, monitoring progress through to implementation.
- 15+ years in IT leadership roles with increasing responsibility
- 10+ years development, delivery and operations experience implementing and supporting innovative, data intensive Marketing platform solutions in a large organization
- Broad experience with customer data requirements, big data, data modeling concepts, data integration, master data management, metadata management, enterprise data warehousing (EDW) and business intelligence/analytics, tools, protocols and practices.
- Experience in distributed processing of large customer data sets, data security and privacy
- Large cdp, data warehouse and/or lake implementation experience
- Experience working in Big Data environments (i.e. Hadoop).
- Experience in large scale technology project delivery and product development, integration of new technologies and solutions, including the creation and management of associated budgets
- Excellent understanding of data architecture, integration and lake and/or warehousing.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality documentation and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and agile project management methodologies/processes.
- Experience with one or more databases such as Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle etc.
- Experience with one or more ETL/Data Quality tools such as IBM’s Data Stage/Quality Stage, Informatica Power Center etc.
- Experience with customer identification and address standardization processes and tools such as Unica, Interact, SilverPop, eMsg etc.
- Experience with one or more statistical modeling tools by R, Python, SPSS etc.
- Experience with one or more reporting/ad-hoc analysis tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Cognos etc.
- Experience with one or more data modeling tools such as Erwin, Embarcadaro etc.
- Able to understand and interpret logical and physical data models.
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts, tools, utilities, protocols, and practices
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing architectures, protocols, and practices
- Able to collaborate with the Marketing business leadership to drive areas such as cross-channel attribution, identity resolution, email personalization, campaign migration, website personalization, orchestration all while ensures the necessary IT documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices for sustainment are developed.
- Proven successful experience in vendor selection and management for a wide range of technology solutions, including drafting SOW’s, RFP’s, and vendor evaluation, budgeting, and monitoring progress through to implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues.
- Prepares detailed work estimates for solutions and is responsible for identifying and placing the appropriate internal and external resources in support of strategic initiatives.
- Understand the system architecture sufficiently to facilitate resolution of technical issues and problems.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
- Ability to recognize and implement improved efficiencies and productivity
- Able to mediate issues between users, team members or other personnel and subordinates.
- Able to mentor others as needed.
- Being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills.
- Able to cope with adversity and handle urgent system issues under pressure
- Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of general management, specifically around team member development, leadership skills, organizational skills, and managing/setting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Demonstrable experience in executive presentations and business case creation
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required. Master’s degree in a technology discipline is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Preferred: Project management certification (PMI or similar) and/or certification in use of specific methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Agile, etc.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.