Kitchen Manager – Sous Chef (CityWalk)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sous Chef directly supervises the overall back of house/kitchen areas in a high volume, designated restaurant.
- Supervises and assists in preparation and presentation of all food items. Ensures food is fresh and prepared in a timely fashion.
- Schedules employees and production of food items according to the projected attendance.
- Responsible for ordering food materials and supplies in order to feed the projected amount of guests per day. Ensures waste is at a minimum and food cost is met each month.
- Trains staff in production and presentation of products. Maintains recipe books and training logs.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Places work orders to have defective equipment repaired. Ensures floors are kept clean and dry. Ensures the walls are cleaned regularly. Responsible for working order and cleanliness of coolers.
- Supervises: 20 to 65 direct, 15-90 indirect with 70% of time supervising. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years in a supervisory Chef position required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Extensive knowledge of food and food handling process. Required ability to cook in a high volume environment, to cook from scratch and understand advanced techniques and procedures.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.