Director, Brand Communications – Destination Marketing
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Leads the development and implementation of the integrated marketing communication plan that supports Universal Orlando Resort as a destination. Oversees the Marketing Communication team that creates communication strategies, leading to campaign creative development and integrated channel plans. Responsible for identifying new business development opportunities, products, services, events and other revenue generating programs.
- Leads team responsible for creating communication strategy and messaging, linking the business strategy to the campaign creative development.
- Directs creative strategy, briefs and briefings for internal and external agencies.
- Ensures fully integrated marketing communications, including online and offline media, Public Relations, Customer Relationship Management, Ecommerce, Social, Promotions, and Partnership Marketing are strategically aligned with overall brand standards, delivers a consistent brand voice and will ultimately achieve the brand/business results desired in market.
- Oversees performance and responsibilities of direct reports and department in the day-day workflow of internal client marketing communications campaigns ensuring all work is produced on time, on budget, and on strategy.
- Develop and recommends integrated communication strategies, campaigns and programs to fulfill brand/ sales objectives (key leader within in-house agency).
- Oversees the development and execution of clearly defined creative briefs in support of Marketing & Sales campaigns.
- Cultivates direct reports with emphasis on company vision, aspired culture and values, consumer orientation, internal collaboration, innovation, strategic & creative thinking, staff development and retention.
- Provides department direction and establishes effective training, work processes, and reporting tools for Integrated Marketing Communications Managers.
- Strives for high quality, responsive service levels.
- Develops excellent working relationship with internal Marketing & Sales and Corporate Client Areas. This entails keeping clients aware of progress, seeking out ideas, and increasing their confidence in the Marketing Services/Marketing Communications areas’ ability to deliver innovative, quality, on time and on budget creative and materials.
- Develops excellent working relationships with counterparts within Marketing Services/ Marketing Communications in order to maintain smooth work flow processes, provide quality service and exceed client expectations.
- Learns of new methods of working, and continuous training opportunities by benchmarking within external agency partners, conferences.
- Influences the spending and resource utilization of other departments relevant to the support of the brand and consumer experience.
Performance Metrics (To Be Determined on annual basis)
- Brand Equity Measures, Ticket Sales, Attendance, Revenue, Team Member Satisfaction (TSAT)
SCOPE: Develops marketing plans and strategies based on information and analysis resulting from the strategic planning process for the Consumer Segments. Reports to the Vice President, Consumer Brand Management. Supervises Brand Management and Marketing Communications Directors.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree Marketing or Communications; MBA strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of marketing and advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or tourism industry.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Very strong analytical, planning, critical decision-making, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills.
- In-depth understanding of consumer and brand research.
- A passion for and experience with new technology and media channels.
- Cross-functional expertise and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience presenting to and working with senior executives.
- Strong leadership, organizational and project management experience. Ability to inspire and motivate a team of highly intelligent and driven individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience connecting business strategy and communication strategy.
- Experience writing creative briefs and briefing creative teams.
- Must also possess strong leadership skills, the ability to effectively manage conflict and problem solve in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Key Consumer Segments (Florida/Orlando, Domestic US, Teens/Tweens, Young Adults, Families, Passholders)
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Event Marketing and Management
- Launching New Attractions or Products/Services
- Brand Management
- Customer Insight, Retention & Loyalty
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Digital & Technical Savvy (Social Media Experience+)
- Licensed Partner Marketing models
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.