Assistant Manager, Restaurant
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the operations of specific venue or location within the park. Responsible for high standards of efficiency, cleanliness, sanitation, and training. Assumes the responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager or Restaurant Manager in their absence.
- Accountable for all facets of service, production, quality, and controls during the day to day operation. Ensures policies and procedures of the Food & Beverage department are followed. Accountable for all sales and operating transactions in compliance with procedures.
- Oversee both service and production staff’s schedules, ensuring that they are in accordance with the forecasted business volume and altering them as the business varies. Keep consistent track of the venues labor hours and costs to match with what is allotted.
- Plans for and ensures that all Team Members, facilities, and materials are in complete readiness for daily operation. This opening and closing duties, along with identifying and reporting repair and maintenance of kitchen equipment. Remain in strict accordance with the Department of Health and Beverage Laws. Ensure adequate stock of supplies and also consistently maintain venue inventory. Manage food, beverage, and non-labor costs through proper hands on monitoring.
- Accountable for coaching, performance appraisals, training, and development of Team Members at the venue. Complete all required forms and paperwork involved in these areas. Also participate in Global Action Committees to further enhance Team Member development and the Team Member experience.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This individual will be responsible for the operation of a venue or a small group of venues at Universal Orlando. They will be scheduled to open or close one ore multiple venues throughout the week. This individual will manage a venue that may make up to $35MM in revenue per year along with a labor budget that may exceed $1MM. They will be responsible for the safety of each guest that enters the venue as well by following strict Food Safety policies and procedures.
EDUCATION: High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Food & Beverage industry preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in the Food & Beverage industry required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Certified Professional Food Managers certification, Responsible Vendor certification.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.