Internship – Video Editing (Summer 2019)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, we are committed to a culture of creating a unique brand of bold and thrilling experiences. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Campus 2 Career provides exclusive learning opportunities and real world theme park experience, partnering/connecting interns with some of the most talented professionals in the industry. The program, by design, provides professional development and cultivates top talent, potentially leading to extraordinary possibilities for your future. Explore your future potential! Apply today.
SUMMER SEMESTER: Internship dates are approximately from May 2019 – August 2019.
JOB SUMMARY: The Intern will assist the Video Editing Team in the create process by working with producers and editors to create coherent video projects.
- Assists with quality post-production workflows while meeting tight deadlines.
- Assists with revisions involved in creative storytelling with video.
- Creates actual content that is used by the Sales and Marketing Team.
- Works within a small Team crafting many different types of corporate video and social media content.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*This position requires a portfolio of work examples – if available, include a web address with your resume.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above, where managing digital assets is a core skillset – or video production area.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Video Production
- Preferred coursework completed: Video Production, Communications
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Experience working with digital assets of all types: images, videos, audio, graphics, text-based.
- Able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system.
- Descriptive cataloging or metadata for digital images and video.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Extensive knowledge of Apple OS and Adobe products.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.