Assistant Manager, Attractions Operations
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the operation of a specific attraction(s) & provides direction/development to venue Supervisor. Uses analytical skills to ensure that the assigned venue(s) are meeting departmental standards for guest & team member satisfaction, and financial goals while maintaining the highest safety standards at all times.
- Accountable for all facets of attraction operations including: guest service, ride safety, capacity, training, staffing and budgeting. Partners with various departments such as Tech Services, Engineering, Facilities, Entertainment, etc. to ensure departmental goals are met. Responsible for guest safety by reviewing trends and/or incidents. Proactively drives revisions/improvements to safety practices, procedures and documents. Ensures proper safety compliance and training for all hourly and exempt reports.
- Plans for and ensures that all personnel, facilities and materials are in complete readiness for operation. Develops labor and non-labor budgets and manages inventory. Works with venue Supervisor to manage the daily budget by ensuring appropriate staffing utilization, par staffing levels and appropriate manpower, running an efficient operation.
- Responsible for the development of attraction Supervisor, including training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensures Supervisor is driving GSAT & TSAT initiatives to increase guest & team member satisfaction. Along with venue Supervisor, responsible for developing, coaching and counseling Attraction Leads and Attendants.
- Responsible for providing duty manager coverage for an assigned park or a designated area of the park. Duties will include responding to ride evacuations, down times and making the proper notifications including Sr. Leadership.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This individual will be responsible for the operation of a venue or group of venues at Universal Orlando, and will be scheduled to open and close duty manager for the entire park Attractions on occasion. This individual will manage up to a $1MM labor and non-labor budget. This person is responsible for the safety of tens of thousands of guests per day that ride attraction.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associate’s degree (AA) is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Experience with safety systems, large volume throughput is preferred. Knowledge of ASTM Standards F24 is also preferred. Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.