Sr. Programmer Analyst, Payment Systems
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Programmer Analyst’s role is to assist in defining the overall strategy, standardization, and maintenance of Payment systems in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes creating, testing, analyzing, implementing and supporting software programs and applications along with configuration management of various existing applications. The Senior Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The Senior Programmer Analyst will serve as a key contact with the user community for solving business issues as well as providing support and guidance to the analysts on the team.
- Collaborates in team environments and independently with vendors, business partners and IT teams on payment projects, support, application development and standardization.
- Determines requirements, designs, builds, tests, implements, maintains and enhances payment related systems for incoming new projects. Liaise with end business users to track additional requirements and features.
- Analyze payment processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement and create specifications. Drive definition and creation of metrics to identify critical issues impacting operations and strategy.
- Act as a subject matter expert for payment applications supported by the team. Also act as a central point of contact for those applications.
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation and procedures exist for all service arrangements. Create and maintain documentation as necessary for operational and security audits.
- Microsoft Office
- Systems and Business Analysis
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Reasoning ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to manage a high volume of detail with excellent accuracy
- Strong track record meeting targets and objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional peers
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering or relevant payment industry experience required.
- Previous work experience, minimum of 5 – 7 years, in an IT Support function.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Experience with payment systems and solutions in planning, execution of installations, integrations and upgrades supporting multi-location applications strongly desired.
- Technical and functional understandings of various Point-of-Sale systems and eCommerce sites which accept various forms of payment strongly desired.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability on a regular basis.
- Extended hours may be required to meet project deadlines and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience estimating project effort and maintaining project budgets.
- The job is based in Orlando, Florida and requires 24×7 support, either on-call or on-site.
- Able to interface and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively to business and IT technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to travel for training, conferences or to supported business locations.
- Familiarity with Resource Scheduling; Asset Management; Security & Crisis Management; Facility Services; systems and concepts.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.