Supervisor, Attraction Operations
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for specific area supervision within the park. Uses analytical skills to ensure that the assigned venues are meeting departmental standards for guest satisfaction, team member satisfaction, and financial goals while maintaining the highest safety standards at all times.
- Supervises and oversees the daily operation to ensure proper staffing, capacity, efficiencies, crowd control and guest services standards are being met. Performs coverage of a specific attraction or attractions, responsible for overseeing the operation, responds to guest and operational issues, communicates with various operational partners and is the first responder to operational and guest issues.
- Ensures the safety of guests by reviewing and revising safety practices and procedures and documents and responds to potentially unsafe conditions. Coaches and uses counseling forms to document and maintain safe team member actions in accordance with UO policy.
- Responsible for developing, coaching and counseling Lead and Attraction Attendants. Manages labor budgets for assigned attractions. Monitors, tracks and records overtime and training projections and results. Mitigates overtime by adjusting staffing according to daily attendance projections. Analyzes and responds to various reports including but not limited to guest comments, capacity, downtimes, and incident reports.
- Focuses on guest and employee satisfaction. Ensures that each employee is greeting and interacting and assisting guest while maintaining an efficient, safe and pleasant environment. Ensure that TSAT and GSAT initiatives and programs are in place to keep the workplace fun while increasing overall job satisfaction and efficiency.
- Maintains positive relationships and partners with other UO departments to ensure that departmental goals are being met while maintaining UO standards. Responsible for maintaining the quality, cleanliness and facility maintenance standards to ensure the assigned venues are ‘Show Ready’ for our guests at all times.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Ride & Show Attendants (numbers vary according to shifts); and Ride & Show Leads (numbers vary according to shifts). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of supervisory experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.