Director, Food & Beverage (Parks)
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the Food and Beverage teams and ensures all food and beverage concepts are consistent with the Universal Orlando philosophies that include Guest Satisfaction (GSAT), Team Member Satisfaction (TSAT), and fair and reasonable profits, while maintaining food quality and show quality at all Full-Service Restaurants, QSR and Cart facilities.
- Leads and develops the Management teams that support the Food and Beverage operations. Encourages individual growth and development of direct reports and fosters a climate of continuous improvement. Delegates work to others and empowers them to take action by offering support and prioritization.
- Communicates and shares relevant information through a proper mode of communication. Listens to others to better understand and acknowledge their viewpoints and feelings. Effectively explains and interprets Universal Orlando Resort policies and procedures to management.
- Leverages the key business goals, metrics and data and uses this information to drive performance. Challenges the status quo by continually looking for new and innovative ideas to remain relevant and current with industry trends. Drives results through functional and business expertise.
- Builds effective relationships and collaborates with other departments to achieve company initiatives. Establishes a strong network of relationships and proactively seeks out the partnership opportunities in order to break down barriers. Serves as an advocate on behalf of the food and beverage department and articulates viewpoints in a positive and convincing way.
- Understands and effectively monitors our procedures, training and Team Member’s involvement while following the Environmental, Health, and Safety responsibilities in accordance to our Universal Orlando Policy which is compliant with OSHA and Florida Department of Health regulations.
SCOPE: Oversee the development and execution of food and beverage operations and personnel. This includes all aspects of the operations such as menu development, ensuring the teams are providing and maintaining expected guest service standards, safeguarding food safety procedures and quality standards, venue show quality and maintenance. Responsible for the strategic planning, execution and financial results of all food and beverage operations under their scope.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associate’s degree (AA) is required. Bachelor’s degree is required.
EXPERIENCE: 7-10 Years: Critical that the Director have the knowledge of all job functions and the processes within the department & have performed each personally in his/her past.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Required: Certified Professional Food Manager certification, Current with Responsible Vendor compliancy
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.