Internship – Creative IT – (Summer 2019)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Assisting Universal Creative’s IT staff with user support issues, documentation, inventory control and miscellaneous duties as required.
In this internship, the selected candidate will learn the following skills & abilities:
- Standard Creative IT imaging procedures of new computers
- Various software installs
- Desktop/laptop setup and configuration
- Profile migrations
- Basic hardware troubleshooting
- Basic software troubleshooting on Microsoft software
- Updating SOP as needed to show current procedures
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors must include: Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Technology
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- General working knowledge of PC and MAC/Apple hardware, various software packages, and networked applications.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer 2019 internships run from May 2019 through August 2019.
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 20 lbs.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.