Associate Project Engineer, Facility (Resort Development) – Universal Creative
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Project Engineer, Facility is responsible for supporting the team and expediting the review and the response for Requests for Information (RFI), Shop Drawings and Submittals and the maintenance of as-built information. Aids the Superintendent, Project Engineer, and Field Engineer with contractor supervision. Coordinates with Architects and Engineers on all the Ride/Show and/or Foods/Merchandise Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) inputs for the facility. Maintains all Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) documentation. Monitors the quality of construction demanding a high level of quality and weekly inspects the project for quality and scope compliance. Coordinates inspections with the authority having jurisdiction and the contractor. Also periodically audits the contractor’s field documents for inclusion of latest documents.
- Assist Project Manager with the tracking and receipt of approved submittals from Architect/Engineer and/or Universal’s Creative team, and notifying the same if their review and approval has potential schedule impact. Keep submittals on time to work with the project’s schedule.
- Assists Project Manager with preparation, review and processing of RFI’s. Accountable for tracking and receiving response in required time frame. Maintain logs as required. Keep the RFI’s on time to work with project’s schedule.
- Assist Project Superintendent with preparation of complete, accurate and timely punch list logs for construction projects based on the project drawings and specifications.
- Assist Project Manager with the preparation and tracking of all correspondence with Architect, Engineers, Contractors, Suppliers, etc.
- During construction phase, works with the Project Superintendent to proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget, and safety. Utilizes and maintains schedule and document management to track and record project performance.
- Assists Project Manager with the evaluation of the productivity, costs, quality control, document management and processing of applications for payment. Notify management of any issue that affects quality, budget progress and safety.
- Assist Project Manager with directives to contractors/vendors including drawings, specifications, and general conditions. Include any accepted alternates or addendums with documents. Assist Project Engineer/Project Manager by reviewing all necessary back up relating to change requests and proposing a settlement value.
- Responsible for timely tracking receipt and completion of all required project and close-out documents per contract.
- Schedules all required construction meetings with required personnel including contractors, architects and owners
- Submits building permit applications, follow up on review progress and tracks until approved.
SCOPE: Provides project engineering support and coordination between Universal’s Architects and Engineers and the Facility Contractors/Vendors, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Associate Project Engineer must possess and exercise Commitment, Initiative, and Teamwork in the execution of their duties. While working closely with the Project Manager, Project Engineer, Field Engineer, and Superintendent the Associate Project Engineer acts as liaison between the owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors and the project team using good communication skills to assist in the processing of administrative work including RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, claims, and change orders. The Associate Project Engineer will also be responsible for meeting minutes and assisting with scheduling.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architectural required.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years general construction related experience
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as Vendors and Contractors
- Possess good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Project software and Meridian Pro-Log management systems
- Represent the company at all times with high moral and ethical conduct
- Knowledge of project management software; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.