Event Operations – Team Captain
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the daily operation and is the first point of contact for Leads, Team Members, guests, and interdepartmental partners in support of a Lead or Supervisor. Provides area coverage managing leads and hourly staff in support of the Management team. Leads an area or small event operation to ensure guest and Team Member safety, meeting client expectations, positive guest interactions and maintains the daily labor budgets and financial accounting. Accountable for event training and preparation including: Lead OJT, re-certification and compliance training.
- Performs all operational duties supporting scheduled events in support of Supervision and schedule leads. Promotes inter-departmental cooperation on company initiatives. Primary point of contact and Operational decision maker for assigned areas by Supervision for multiple Event Partners. Provides event coverage for Supervision maintaining current lines of communication with event partners and event operations hourly leads and Team Members.
- Responsible for the consistent execution of guest service, operational standards and motivating team members and department Leads. Effectively applies the UO service model of Look, Focus, Act to satisfy and resolve the needs of the guests and the Team Members. Coaches Lead and hourly performance, supports daily shift meetings and safety spot talks and documents performance utilizing the Team Captain Observation Reports and Team Member feedback as directed by management. Assists Management in the dissemination of general company and department specific forms of communication.
- Provides Kronos assistance to scheduling and management teams. Ensure daily staffing levels and rotation schedules are adjusted according to Team Member call-ins. Responsible for running overtime reports and proper Kronos coding of all assigned Event Support.
- Responsible for overseeing Lead training and is the first point of contact for new Leads. Completes Lead OJT checklist and reviews Event Operations SOP with new leads.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This person is responsible for the daily operation of events, productions and activities with a non-traditional impact, that support NBC Universal and Comcast.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Lead Experience preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.