Manager, Guest Arrivals – Admissions (Universal Beijing Resort)
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages the daily operation of the Guest Arrival experience into the theme park and other entitlement redemption locations throughout the resort. Responsible for duty manager coverage for the entire department while focusing on budgets, staffing, technology development / execution and leadership development for the Guest Arrival business. Will have a strong focus on the entrance experience, and will work with IT and our digital teams on the maintenance and development of our facial recognition platform.
- Work with Guest Arrival management team to focus on guest service, access control capacity, IT system maintenance, training, budgeting, and developing strategic operating plans for peak & non-peak seasons along with special events. Focus on the development, execution, and continuous enhancement of our facial recognition platform. Responsible for guest safety by reviewing trends and/or incidents and ensure all safety compliance requirements are met.
- Prior to Opening: Hire, train, and develop the Guest Arrival management team. Work with IT, core ticketing system vendor, and facial recognition company to develop, test, and launch this system throughout the resort.
- Partner with the Attractions Management team on the daily operation of our Universal Express / VIP Programs. Focus on all redemption functions from an access control perspective, and partner with the Attractions team on all forms of media and recovery options needed for this business. Work with IT on system stability and equipment upkeep throughout the Attractions group.
- Prior to Opening: Partner with the Attractions management team on the rollout, training, and maintenance of the Universal Express redemption program. Work with IT and other groups to ensure the system is up and running properly, and all established policies, procedures, and system functions are documented appropriately.
- Responsible for the development of the Guest Arrival management group, including training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensures management team is driving Guest and Team Member initiatives to increase satisfaction levels and obtain targeted goals.
- Prior to Opening: Work with management team on proper staffing levels and training plans for the opening phases of the park. Develop and modify all line schedules ensuring we are using proper labor hours during the opening and post opening phases of the park.
- Responsible for providing duty manager coverage for Admissions. Duties include responding to ticketing, equipment issues, guest service complaints, and guest injuries and ride evacuations.
- Prior to Opening: Work with upper management on the development and roll out of the ‘duty manager’ program for the Entrance Operations department. Train the assistant managers on the proper duty manager procedures. Work with other areas of Operations to understand overall park operating standards, and potential issues that could arise along with guest resolution solutions.
SCOPE: Manages the daily operation of the Guest Arrival experience into the theme park and other entitlement redemption locations throughout the resort. . Will have a strong focus on the entrance experience, and will work with IT and our digital teams on the maintenance and development of our facial recognition platform.
QUALIFICATIONS: Mandarin and English language required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED equivalent required. Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 4-6 years management / customer service experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a front of house role for an Operation that is open 365 days a year 7 days a week with morning, afternoon, and evening shifts. It will often require the individual to work on holidays and weekends as needed to support the daily business throughout the year.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.