Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the safety and security of Universal Orlando’s guests, Team Members, and company assets.
- Assures the security and safety of the guests and employees by observing and monitoring for unsafe or threatening conditions.
- Escorts cash drops, money transfers, building checks and safe checks on property during and after hours.
- Assists with crowd control during peak attendance periods and special events.
- Responds to incidents such as traffic accidents, theft or property damage, disorderly conduct by a guest or employee, and follows up with a written report.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Positions in Security require:
- A valid Florida state driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and or move between 20 and 40 pounds.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions (select positions.)
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals.
- Sitting for prolonged periods.
- Walking for prolonged periods (including ability to walk at a given pace that is predetermined by a moving sidewalk.)
- Hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise.
- Repeating motions more than twice per minute.
- Ability to maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment. and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure.)
- Noise Level-Loud Noise (Noise when raised conversation is needed.)
- Ability to maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours.
- Repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.