Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
DISHWASHER: If you’re looking to get your hands wet in your first Culinary job, becoming a dishwasher may be the right choice for you! Successful dishwashers enjoy being hands-on, task oriented, and are comfortable in a fast paced work environment.
- Loads and empties dish machine, washes pots, pans, cooking utensils and equipment by hand and assists kitchen staff as needed.
- Removes waste, empties and cleans garbage receptacles, removes recyclable materials and places in appropriate areas. Cleans the kitchen by sweeping, mopping, washing kitchen walls, floors and floor mats.
- Stocks all dishware and glassware as cleaned.
LINE PRODUCTION COOK: Universal Orlando looks for Culinary talent of all magnitudes. If you are a beginner, or have an interest in learning Culinary skills, you may want to consider becoming a Line Production Cook.
- Sets up various stations on the line with materials and supplies and maintains availability of same.
- Uses kitchen materials such as knives and a deep fryer for line prep. Works on both hot and cold stations.
- Performs cooking duties and related production functions. Ensures high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standard and performs daily spot checks of all portioning tools. Provides daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
SECOND COOK: Second Cooks gain advanced skills by taking on additional tasks in the kitchen. They work alongside our world class Chefs creating mouthwatering dishes for our guests to enjoy.
- Stocks materials and supplies in hot/cold and dry areas. Maintains all Cost of Goods control tools by performing quarterly updating of control cards, inventory packages, and recipe books. Performs daily spot checks of all portioning tools. Provides daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
- May work on stations including, but not limited to, sauté, flat top grill, pantry, and expo.
- Performs cooking duties and related production functions. Ensures high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standards.
FIRST COOK: Become a leader in your own kitchen as a First Cook. In this role, you’ll be in charge of inventory and ordering for your restaurant, as well as meeting Universal Orlando’s food quality standards. Above all, you will be a mentor to new cooks, ensuring their success in the kitchen.
- Responsible for ordering supplies in accordance to par levels and staffing projects. Receives inventory and ensures the availability of materials and supplies.
- Ensures that all preparations are in accordance with established recipes, menu and portion specifications and in relation to business volumes. Responsible for food presentation, quality of products and waste prevention.
- Maintains all cost of goods by performing quarterly updating of control cards, inventory packages, and portioning tools. Provides daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
- Studies all evidence of waste and makes suggestions for improved efficiency. Ensures high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standards. Ensures compliance of the State of Florida’s HACCP program.
- Ensures established safety practices are followed.
- Provides work direction of cooks and production workers within area of responsibility. Monitors production staff breaks. Trains production workers in the use of kitchen equipment and food preparation.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
Positions in Culinary require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and or move between 25 and 50 pounds.
- Ability to use equipment with mechanical moving parts, sharp edges, and heat surfaces.
- Maintains a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals.
- Comfortable being occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); and extreme heat (non-weather).
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.