Night Park Specialist (3rd Shift)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Provides work and operating directions on the proper usage of equipment, chemicals and supplies within the work disciplines of shops, floor care, utility and warehousing duties to Team Members. Ensures departmental safety standards are met along with efficient completion of department tasks by providing feedback and leading Team Members.
- Performs all operational duties related to the daily opening and closing of assigned area. Inspects the work environment to ensure that each location is cleaned and organized at all times. Responsible for maintaining and inspecting show quality standards as set by the department. Ensures that defective equipment related issues are reported in a timely manner to the supervisor on duty and equipment technicians. Assists with equipment and product set up and delivers equipment to the job site.
- Communicates performance, behavior standards, and expectations. Monitors performance of team members to ensure policies and procedures of the department are followed. Ensures that team members are wardrobe compliant and that established service, safety and show quality standards set by the department are maintained. Provides feedback for recognition and performance improvement utilizing the Performance Observation Report and verbal communication. Reports behavior requiring discipline and further documentation to the management team.
- Provides work direction to team members including but not limited to providing work instruction on proper equipment usage and ensuring that all equipment is operated within the established safety guidelines by team members. Provides injury prevention training to all team members. Conducts daily shift meetings and safety spot talks. Aids in the dissemination of general company and area specific forms of communication to include current and new company policies and procedures.
- Oversees the operation and is the first point of contact for team members, guests, and interdepartmental partners in the absence of the Supervisor. Gives careful consideration to the impact of decisions and makes timely decisions to solve problems with a sense of urgency. Effectively applies the UO service model of Look, Focus, Act to satisfy and resolve the needs of the guests and the team members.
- Performs job duties of Night Park Attendant. Maintains park quality standards by thoroughly performing all cleaning duties.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Trains new hire Team Members.
- Cleans and details retail shops, plans and completes floor care projects for all venues, cleans concrete & streets.
- Ensures the proper usage of equipment by all Team Members.
- Oversees the placement of Team Members and warehousing duties such as delivery of chemicals, supplies and laundry duties.
- Responsible for non-electrical vacuum cleaner maintenance.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required.
- Utility Experience: 1-2 years pressure washing, hosing & tractor position
- Shops Experience: 0-1 year cleaning, organizing small groups
- Floor Care: 1-2 years floor equipment, carpet cleaning, waxing and stripping floors
- Front of House: 0-1 year cleaning, delivery of cleaning supplies, chemicals, laundry
- Clubs Experience: 0-1 cleaning, organizing small groups
- Restaurants Experience: 1-2 years cleaning, Kitchen cleaning, Kitchen equipment cleaning, delivering of supplies, chemicals
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s license required.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.