Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, analyzing and supporting software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Design, run and monitor software tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Collaborate with business analysts, programmer analysts and architects in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university preferred in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including but not limited to T-SQL, PLSQL, C# .NET and Visual Basic.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Extensive relational database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Working understanding of platforms such as Windows, HPUX and AS400.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Hands-on experience developing unit test cases and plans.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability on a regular basis.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- Able to lift computer drives, monitors, and other peripherals.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.