Director, Attraction Services – Universal Beijing Resort
This role will initially start off in Orlando and will expatriate to Beijing in June 2019.
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the safety, operational readiness, and show quality of the Ride & Show equipment within Universal Beijing Resort. Responsibilities include maintaining and sustaining the Theme Park Attractions and Audio/Video/Lighting systems throughout the Resort. Responsibilities include ensuring Ride and Show Systems remain compliant with all local governing bodies’ regulations and that the systems are maintained in conformance to Universal Parks & Resorts internal standards. Additional responsibilities shall include managing Budgets (P&L and Capital), maintaining a high standard of Guest Satisfaction (GSAT) and Team Member Satisfaction (TSAT), promoting safety through education and training, and leading by example. Scope of responsibility includes managing a Central Shop Facility to support the annual Ride/Show inspection program along with general support of park operations.
During initial Resort Development, the Director will be responsible for development of a comprehensive program of predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance for all Ride/Show equipment including integrating required preventive maintenance plans, job plans/procedures, spare and consumable parts program, and, safety programs into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo). During this period, the Director will also build an effective maintenance team to effectively maintain the Attractions by creating job descriptions, recruiting qualified technicians, building SOPs and training staff.
- Safety: Ride Safety and Compliance with all governing bodies of area assigned. Align with Universal Parks & Resorts requirements and all other Universal parks for strategic execution. Ensure all ride maintenance policies and procedures are in compliance with all governing bodies and internal requirements. Review and approve all ECN’s and DCN’s for area of responsibility.
- Guest Satisfaction (GSAT): Lead all Guest Satisfaction (GSAT) strategic initiatives for downtime reduction and superior operational readiness performance of attractions. Set strategic direction for engineering team so they are prioritizing work on the most important issues first.
- Finance: Financial responsibility. Ensure attractions are kept on budget and overtime is kept to a minimum. Routinely and regularly manage capital requests and execution of approved capital projects. Make sure all capital needs are input into the system and priority reviewed regularly.
- Team Member Satisfaction (TSAT): Team Member Satisfaction (TSAT), employee safety, training and Environmental, Health & Safety compliance are always the highest priority. Make sure the teams are working within compliance and are current on trainings on all proper safety compliance and regulations. Make sure all Team Members are always up to date on their safety training.
- Support growth and development of your team and ensure all of the team is properly trained for all work activities and proper managing of Team Members. Partner with all Universal Beijing Resort Technical Services directors and clients to develop high performing teams and communication as well as attend all pertinent Meetings. Attend regular downtime and pass-down meetings to ensure the team is addressing all issues regularly. Address show quality items timely to ensure superior show quality.
- Computer/Technical: Ability to efficiently use Microsoft Office Tools as well as specific CMMS and MRO applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Proficient with basic engineering deliverables such as drawings,
- specifications, and Distributed Control System (DCS)/ Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) configurations.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of administration and management methods; familiarity with theme park regulatory requirements and strategies
- Business Understanding: Management and development of standard policies and procedures within a major function and may interface with work processes in other divisions.
- Communication & Collaboration: Ability to effectively navigate a high degree of personal interaction with internal colleagues, department executive leaders, project development teams, industry organizations and design consultants.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or equivalency in education and experience; MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10 plus years’ experience in Maintenance and Engineering of Industrial Systems with a minimum 5 years’ experience as a manager and/or leader. Experience shall include working in an environment requiring adherence to strict safety protocols while maintaining a high availability of equipment. Experience in maintaining equipment utilizing effective work flow processes and CMMS.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Works with internal and external clients on a daily basis. The position is required to work shift hours, holidays and weekends as dictated by the needs of the operations.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. © 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.