Coordinator, Global Logistics
Universal Creative is seeking unique and edgy talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily activity of global shipping. Fully understand the various components of shipping; transfer data into spreadsheets and reports, guide the RI’s (Responsible Individual) in understanding the JV’s (Joint Venture) requests. Will also need to watermark and document transfers when necessary and coordinating warehouse pick up and deliveries as necessary.
- Create and manage spreadsheets. Communicate with various departments for vendor booking requests, container status reports and assist with the DOMO reporting system.
- Guide the RI’s and their vendors with shipping requests forms, export requirements, and assure the understanding of International shipping procedures.
- Assist with the email communication of the Vendor Element List that each RI needs to maintain with the JV. Assure elements, shipping dates, and install dates are precise and attainable.
- Provide access to the warehouse while supervising load and unload of trucks and containers and do inventory of all items
- Maintain the Master Attraction spreadsheet by constantly meeting with the RI’s and Schedulers
- Work with the Contracts Department and Contract Administrator’s to confirm that all documentation has been fully executed.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Learn the details of each land, the RI’s and their vendors through the element lists; apply this knowledge to the various reports, spreadsheets and DOMO. Assist with bookings & shipments between the RI’s, Service Provider and vendors. Coordinate shipments into and out of the warehouse as necessary.
EDUCATION:High school degree or GED required; Associate’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 2-4 year of global logistics experience, preferably as a ‘Shipper’ or a freight forwarder or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in working with vendors/suppliers
- Extensive problem solving skills
- Knowledge of international documentation requirements
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013
- Detail oriented
- Domo knowledge a plus
- Global Exporting experience preferred
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. © 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.